Saturday, August 30th

A few snags developed yesterday, as they always seem to in these last days before our planned departure. But, as in the past, I will deal with them and get on with it. One snag was that Erde developed a urinary track infection.  Fortunately, I was able to get into the vets right away and it is localized to the urinary tract (and did not affect her kidneys) and treatable by a simple anti-biotic.  The second snag was that I discovered a fraudulent charge made to my credit card, which could delay the trip till Tuesday or even Wednesday to wait for a new card.  Another snag was that the FBI agent who was to stay in my condo housesitting for me while on a training program here in D.C. had to change plans, but he found another agent coming to the same program for me.

I also wasted five hours on Thursday trying to upload from and download to my iPad, which I only do once a year. It seems that the few things I use in iTunes changed so dramatically over the last year, I had to relearn the whole thing all over.  I was anxious to get a number of the videos of Leben and Erde from our previous trips onto my iPad so I can rekindle the memories of those two guys together on our trips.  It is Erde's trip, but preserving the memories is important to me.

I have passed the three-week point since Leben was put down, but I don't feel any lifting of the grief of losing him.  I am still in disbelief that he is no longer here because he went so quickly. Just the day before I discovered his tumor I was thinking her was here for the long run.  I guess he was, but I just didn't know that the long run had already arrived.

ED

No comments: