Zoewy

Zoewy

On my journey this year, i met a gentleman named Barry Pelltier from Bar Head Alberta, who was camping with his 12-week old beautiful Leonberger, Shelia.  Barry is, without condition, the consummate dog lover.  He told me about his beloved, loyal dog Zoey, whom he had to put down justthree weeks  before Leben was out down because of the same disease, bone cancer.  I am also dedicating this journey to Zoewy.

Below are Barry's words about Zoewy.

 Zoewy will always own a piece of my heart as she and I were very close. She was a wonderful dog that was my outlet to a wonderful, enjoyable and relaxing part of life. She will be remembered, never  replaced as she had a character about her that was incredible. My description of her would be best friend, companion and shadow. Shadow because she was at my side and when we hiked together fully trusting me as she placed her paws is every foot print of mine as she followed with complete trust in where I was leading her never going astray as we made are way through mountain terrain. Sitting quietly beside me for hours sometimes as I waited for that perfect photographic instance was something no one else would have had the patience to do. Memories of her sleeping next to me in the tent when both of us were exhausted from our hikes will be vivid for a long time. One memory is when we both woke up at noon (bed at 7pm day before) sleeping in terribly long, apparently both of us needing the rest. At home at camp and one with wildlife and nature Zoewy was more than I could ask for in a companion. Thanks To Zoewy for being one of the best parts in life.



     

No comments: