As it is happening: Day 37, Friday, October 10, noon, Kalaloch Camp on the Pacific, Olympic National Park, Washibgton,

I will say more about where we are now and how we got here in my posting for the day or several days we spend here.  But for now, all I will say is that we are at magnificent Kalaloch Camp on the Pacific in Washington State, and that, boy, did we luck out with a camp site.  As i was setting up my camp, the only word i kept repeating over and over again was "unbelievable," often prefixed by an adjective not printable on a family blog such as the author's. Although luck certainly played a role, once again, I have to attribute this setup we have here to my ingenuity, experience, planning and timing.  Oh, and add Erde to that list since she did not insist on taking a break on the way here, if you know what I mean.  If she had, even for five minutes, we would still be on the road as I write this looking for a place to camp for the night.

As soon as i saw the site, and sight, when i went to register, although i planned only one night here, I registered for two days, and for all i know, in two days I'll just might sign up for some more.

Stay tuned for my multiple-day blog posting in a few days about the details. If you do not see a posting for some time, it means we are still here enjoying this piece of heaven.  I was afraid i would find a site like this someday.  Fortunately, i found it on my homeward bound trip. It does not look like i am going to be home by October 12th, as i had thought, but not planned.

Photo...our camp at Kalaloch.  That's the Pacific outside our living room window, starting at the bottom of the 50-foot bluff we are camped on.  In the distance, if you look hard enough, you can see Kamchatka in Russia. Those little white flags you see are markers for my tie lines for the tarp so i do not trip over them in the dark. Erde sees them, but ignores them.  Leben did the same.



Ed and Erde, On The Road

P.S. Sorry for any errors in this message or posting.  The iPad spellcheck is not known for its attention to detail.


No comments: