Day 1, Thursday, September 4, 2:45 p.m., 186,107 on odometer: we're off

We're off. Just a few minutes ago, with the Defender serviced this morning and now packed, I barked to my dog(s) for the seventh time in 14 years, "Let's go for a ride." Erde responded (see photo) just as she did 13 years ago, i.e., with no response discernible to me. (It was Leben who always gave the first reaction, with the unflappable Erde following behind with an attitude like, "If Leben thinks it's important enough to respond, I guess I must , too."

Our destination today is York, Pennsylvania, were we will spend the night with my friends, Lesley and Bill Wiles, who always welcomed Leben, Erde and me as guests. Tomorrow we will head to Mongaup Pond Park in New York State, a short hike form my old Boyd Scout Camp. After that, while I have some plans and ideas, only time will tell how they materialize.

ED

P.S. Some of you might have received this posting by e-mail because your e-mail has been entered into the automatic notification of new postings. If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you're out of luck until I return because that setting is difficult to make on the iPad. J In the meantime, I revise some of my postings so you might wish to check the blog anyway, if it interests you.

No comments: