Wednesday, September 3

I finished packing around noon today and have been spending the rest of the day on paperwork, mostly for the trip.  One of the last things I do is to prepare a planning book with all the important papers for the trip easily available to me.  The cover of that book for this year is shown below.  As the cover says, the trip is for Erde, although the memory of Leben and Erde will not be far from my mind, and I am sure Erde’s too.

 

Tomorrow I will drive to York, Pennsylvania, to stay overnight with a friend, and then Friday drive to Mongaup Pond Park in New York State where we will spend one night.  Mongaup is where Beech Mountain is located, my former Boy Scout Camp and the place where someday my ashes, along with Leben’s and Erde’s, will be scattered.

 

On Saturday, I will drive to Ontario, and from make my way around various campsites we visited before and then and around Lake Superior, where I will plan the rest of the trip.  Most of the parks in Canada close around mid-September, so our choices will be limited. My best hope is to make out to Jasper and Banff National Parks, and from there drop down to Vancouver Island for a week or so.  Who knows how we will get home from there.

 

ED



 

No comments: